I would like to express my disatisfication with your particular response to the "Larry the Cable Guy" phenomenon. I think it is funny how you take on only "Larry" when 2 of the other blue collar comedians have their own brand of satiring rednecks (Foxworthy and Engvall), as well as other comics, like Rodney Carrington or Tim Wilson. I think it's funny how you don't take on these larger comics, who do the same things as Larry, hell Rodney even has used racial slurs in his standup. I liked you at first because I thought you were funny. But I do not like how you demean my people, my friends and family. You call yourself the thinking man's comic, but how intelligent is it to be a comic in the first place....it makes me wonder. The only reason you get to call yourself the thinking man's comic is because you are a proponent of the same liberal, anti-white hate speech and it's just sad. I think, as a thinking man and a redneck, one who is "open-minded" enough to know that you can be both and tolerance shouldn't just apply to majorities tolerating minorities, but minorities tolerating the beliefs of majorities as well. It is my opinion and belief to think that you must first be able to think inside of the box before you can venture outside of the box, something liberal people like you have failed to do. I appreciate it if you have been able to read this entire response and if you would like to comment or respond feel free, just recognize the fact that I am going to remove you from my friends list.
Have a nice day,
Thanks for saving me the trouble of removing you from my friends list. Are you done making stuff up now?
1) Larry the Cable Guy is the biggest comedian in America right now. Last year he sold more tickets than any other comic.
2) Did you watch the video? I don't at all care about how he feels about the redneck lifestyle. I care about the ease of his comedy, and the hatred he promotes. Why respond to something you haven't seen?
3) I often compliment those from the south (including in the video). My two largest markets are Atlanta and Louisville. What I insult are people who are racist and homophobic. If you're either one of those, you and I will never be able to have a civilized debate.
4) "how intelligent is it to be a comic in the first place" - I have no boss and I get paid to say what I believe. So, pretty intelligent, thanks for asking.
5) Please don't spew garbage catch phrases at me. Your perception of my political affiliation has nothing to do with how I feel about Larry. And before you can think inside or outside the box, you might want to think at all.
Good luck with the president thing. I'd be shocked if you made it to town hall.